Complete your assessment in 4 easy steps
Assessments for our open-learning NVQ / VRQ courses are completed in 4 easy stages before you are awarded your National Vocational Qualification from the VTCT.
Attend a theory and practical-based workshop at the salon
Study at home:
- Prepare for your final VTCT written paper
- Prepare your assignment relating to your chosen unit (this can be emailed and corrected before your final assessment)
- Record your practical work with photographic evidence
Build your portfolio (this is required evidence of your practical work)
Return to the salon to take your written and practical assessments
About Your Practical Assessment
After attending the salon workshop and completing your home study, you must contact the salon again within 9 months of starting the course. This is to confirm a date to attend your written and practical assessments. This is required by the school and awarding body, the VTCT (Vocational Training Charitable Trust).
During your practical assessment you are required to:
- Prepare your own treatment area following Health & Safety guidelines.
- Preparation of your client.
- Perform a complete treatment, eg a full leg wax.
- Complete the task in a commercially acceptable time.
- Demonstrate that you have grasped the consultation and record-keeping processes, and offer client aftercare/home-care advice.
- You will be required to bring up to 2 models with you to speed up the final assessment process.
- Note: Your assessor will observe your performance on at least three occasions and each must involve a different client.
About Your Theory Assessment
- Test papers [1 x practical, 1 x science]