Terms, Conditions and Contract of Enrolment
- COVID-19 GUIDELINES
- You must adhere to all new COVID-19 Government guidelines in place at the centre. If for any reason you are exempt from the Government guidelines, you will need a doctors letter stating why it is not possible for you to comply with current legislation guidelines.
- It is mandatory that all new students take the VTCT UIP2 COVID-19 exam.
- FEES, ENROLMENT & REFUNDS
- If a student fails to attend or complete their course for any reason other than the unlikely event that it is cancelled by Beauty Training Harrow, no refund of fees or deposits will be made and the student must re-book. This includes: personal problems, illness, change of mind, relocation, pregnancy, illness or death in the family, change in personal circumstances, failure to obtain a visa or a loan etc.).
- Deposits are non-refundable but can be credited to another beauty training course at Beauty Training Harrow.
- The full course fee must be paid no less than 14 days prior to the start date. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being forfeited.
- Applicants can only make one date change of their course. This must be with written permission at least two weeks before the start date. This is subject to availability. There will be an administration fee of 10% of any changes made to your course schedule.
- All unit courses are valid for 12 months from the start date of your course. Complete Level 2 is valid for 14 months from the start of your course. Complete Level 3 is valid 18 months from the start date of your course.
- A student is accepted for enrolment on, and subject to, the conditions that the student will attend on the start date, and at the time specified in the confirmation letter. This letter will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
- Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
- Students will not be accepted on the start date unless full payment of fees has been made.
- Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable to beauty products at BTH.
- If you discuss your course requirements with your tutor, BTH will aim to advise you as to the most appropriate course for you based on your requirements and what we deliver here at Beauty Training Harrow. It is up to the student to ensure [100%] that the course they are embarking on sone that fits your requirements. It is up to the student to ensure that you also check with your insurance provider and your local health authority that the qualifications you are about to embark on satisfies your requirements fully. After having discussed, agreed, and paid for your course with your training provider BTH, BTH will not be in any way held responsible for a change of mind once payment has been received.
- HOURS, ATTENDANCE & ACHIEVEMENT
- Students are required to attend on the first day of their course or module at the time stated on their confirmation letter. Students who fail to do so will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid.
- For assessment-based courses (full-time students only) you must have a minimum of 80% attendance for teaching in the classroom for each subject/module. Failure to meet this requirement will result in your expulsion from Beauty Training Harrow. You must also have 100% attendance in the Student Salon.
You are required to spend additional time after the course in the salon to meet this requirement otherwise it will preclude you from being assessed and qualified. For examination-based courses, you must have at least 80% attendance in the first 12 weeks of your course.
- Classes will start promptly at the published times, irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the course principal without prior notice.
- The beauty school will be closed on all UK public holidays. On full-time courses: if a public holiday falls during your course, no extra days will be added to your course and no reduction in fees will be given.
- Paying for and/or completing a course does not guarantee a qualification or certificate of achievement. Awards are gained by the successful completion of the criteria set out by the various awarding bodies. The decision of the course principal is final in all cases.
- Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, and planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
- OVERSEAS STUDENTS
- Students making arrangements for payment of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees or proof of payment from their bank accompanies their application form. We advise students to mark requests to their banks for foreign exchange as ‘Priority’, being of an educational nature. Bank drafts should be directed to Beauty Training Harrow, 29 Dorchester Way, Harrow, Middlesex, HA3 9RQ, UK. If English is your second language please note that it will be necessary to be able to answer your oral questions without the aid of a translator or other person.
- If English is your second language please note that it will be necessary to be able to answer your oral questions without the aid of a translator or other person.
- It is vitally important that your bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that Beauty Training Harrow receives the amount in full.
- When paying fees by a direct debit transfer of credit, you must send an application form by mail to the school in advance. State the amount of the transfer clearly on the application form along with the bank details and / or reference number.
- School uniform is required for all students unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the Dress Code on the Courses page for details.
- The course principal reserves the right to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action. Her decision in all such matters will be deemed as final.
- It is not the responsibility of the beauty school to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason.
- All course contents, their elements and fees are subject to change without any prior notice to students at the discretion of the school.
- Employer’s guarantee - it is our continued policy in the case of any student who is employed or sponsored by any other organization not to openly or directly solicit that student for the purposes of employment, whilst that student is attending a course at Beauty Training Harrow. Should the awarding body VTCT request that you attend Beauty Training Harrow on a separate occasion to assess your work, it is compulsory that you do so.
- Should the awarding body VTCT request that you attend Beauty Training Harrow on a separate occasion to assess your work, it is compulsory that you do so.
- Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to take part in practical sessions without the assistance of a suitably qualified interpreter. The interpreter must be arranged and at the expense of the student.
- Students failing to complete their assessments, variations, ranges etc. during the term of their course will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/assessing. These sessions will be at the convenience of the school and charged at an hourly rate of £40.
- These conditions form the main part of the contract between the school and the student. Only the course principal shall be authorized to alter or waive any of the aforementioned terms and conditions.
- It is the student’s responsibility to collect his/her portfolio from the centre. Portfolios will be kept at the centre for no longer than 12 months after completion of your course. Failure to collect within this time will result in it being destroyed.
- Students are strongly encouraged not to bring any valuables (including jewellery) to the training centre. We cannot be held responsible in the event of any item being mislaid.
- If any student behaves improperly on the school’s premises including any form of cheating during an assessment/exam, damages or removes any equipment belonging to the school will be asked to leave immediately.
- Beauty Training Harrow is registered under Data Protection Act 1998, registration number PZ1673432. This means that we will not share any of your details with third parties apart from the details required by the awarding bodies for the purpose of registration and certification.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
Internationally recognised qualifications
Map & directions
Beauty Training Harrow
29 Dorchester Way
Middlesex HA3 9RQ